Saturday, May 14, 2011

Marcos Galvao officially joining Bellator season five bantamweight tournament

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Logo_Bellator_150_287.jpg
After an impressive non-title performance against Bellator Featherweight Champion Joe Warren last month, Marcos Galvao has officially joined the Bellator roster, and the organization announced on Tuesday that he will officially take part in the Bellator season five bantamweight tournament.

"After going blow for blow with our Featherweight Champion Joe Warren, there was really no doubt we wanted Galvao back with Bellator," said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. "In Bellator, fighters control their own destiny, and after the performance Marcos put on at Bellator 41, he definitely earned a spot in our bantamweight tournament."

With Warren also planning to make the drop to bantamweight to compete in this tournament, Galvao's hopeful he can get a rematch to get right what he and many others feel the judges got wrong at Bellator 41.

"I definitely don't believe I lost my fight with Joe Warren," said Galvao. "I want a rematch just in case there was doubt in the first fight. I'll clear up those doubts the second time around."

"I'm extremely excited to show the world that I can compete and win at this top level here with Bellator," said Galvao. "Fans were able to see what I brought to the table the first time around against Joe Warren, and there's a lot more where that came from."

Source: http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_9230.shtml

Don Barr Pat Barry  Vitor Belfort  Robert Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment